Jump to content


Kwa sr12 discontinuation


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Opila

Josh Opila

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country:

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

After countless hours of online research i had finally made up my mind that the aeg i wanted to buy would be the Kwa sr12. I love the way its looks, i heard nothing but good things about it, and it has everything i could ask for. However after making my decision, a few days later, all the sites say its out of stock and i come to find out its been discontinued. So ive started looking for guns with the same quailities of the sr12 and ive found none that even come close to this one. So my real question is this, why was it discontinued? i was unexplainably happy to purchase this gun and now i cannot, and im incredibly sad about this. Are they just fixing some issues then itll be back? Are they making a 3rd generation sr12? is it coming back at all? these are all very important questions to me, as i cannot find a single airsoft gun that is up to par with this amazing rifle, and i am terribly sad that it is no longer available to me. I know alot of people who say this is the best kwa gun there is, alot who even think its the best gun there is, and its a popular dmr build, so why discontinue it? its not like sales could have been bad on it when all i hear is good about it. I want answers about this gun, and its future, and if ill ever be able to lay hands on one for myself. Thank you.
                                                                                               With great sorrow, Josh Opila

#2 aaps59

aaps59

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York City
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.
  • Country:

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Welcome to the forum. I dont think the SR12 will be making a return, at least not any time soon. But what do I know.
Anyways, what qualities of the SR12 do you really like? Maybe I can help you find a similar gun, or a gun that would be almost as good, but with a few simple mods?

Also, you may be able to find it in stock at smaller airsoft shops, just look around, or find a lightly used one.

#3 Josh Opila

Josh Opila

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country:

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

well i like that has no triangle sight to its red dot ready right out of the box, i like that it has enough space for 9.6v large and is lipo ready if i ever wanted that. I like that it has rails, so i could attach a vertical grip, and bipod, and i liked the gas block and sghts it came with. I think what i should do is buy the km16br and get a rail system from AIM and it will be pretty similar, minus the gas block, so i suppose its not so bad that it got discontinued

#4 aaps59

aaps59

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York City
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.
  • Country:

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Do you like the SR10 at all..?

#5 vanevery

vanevery

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostJosh Opila, on 26 November 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

well i like that has no triangle sight to its red dot ready right out of the box, i like that it has enough space for 9.6v large and is lipo ready if i ever wanted that. I like that it has rails, so i could attach a vertical grip, and bipod, and i liked the gas block and sghts it came with. I think what i should do is buy the km16br and get a rail system from AIM and it will be pretty similar, minus the gas block, so i suppose its not so bad that it got discontinued

What's up Josh?
I spoke with you on ASF.

There is nothing wrong with the SR12.
The entire SR line is being discontinued simply because KWA is moving forward with newer products.
I am sure some brand new SR12's are out there and will show up at the major retailers as the last ones are shipped out. Look for them in 6-8 weeks, or sooner.

The M16BR is the same gun without the rails.
Maybe you could buy the 2gx m16 and install your own free float rails and front sight.
A lightly used SR12 would be a good way to go, as well.
Just be patient, they will turn up.

Edited by vanevery, 26 November 2012 - 09:26 PM.


#6 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

    Customer Service Manager

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Beach, CA
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...
  • Country:

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

View Postvanevery, on 26 November 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

What's up Josh?
I spoke with you on ASF.

There is nothing wrong with the SR12.
The entire SR line is being discontinued simply because KWA is moving forward with newer products.

The entire line is not being discontinued, the SR7 and SR10 are still in production. We recently discontinued the SR12 and discontinued the SR5 last year. I don't see the SR7 or SR10 going away anytime soon.

#7 sdk1968

sdk1968

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:in the styx!
  • Interests:weaponsguild.com
  • Country:

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

there are some of these 12's out there still NIB........   you just have to look hard for them.

#8 Josh Opila

Josh Opila

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country:

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

ill keep looking for one, i have considered the sr10, however i really like the full stock for a large battery, because theres nothing worse then being out  on the field and having your battery die on you. If i cant find it, ill probably just go with the km16br and get myself a nice rail system. ive looked into other companies too, but honestly kwa seems to be the best choice. there are alot of complaints about being propriatary, but they have replacement parts, and with the performance ive seen out of these kwa guns, there arents any upgrades necesarry, which is a real nice thing, so you can focus more on external upgrades

#9 Acorn Avenger

Acorn Avenger

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft, longboarding,punk
  • Country:

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostJosh Opila, on 27 November 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

ill keep looking for one, i have considered the sr10, however i really like the full stock for a large battery, because theres nothing worse then being out  on the field and having your battery die on you. If i cant find it, ill probably just go with the km16br and get myself a nice rail system. ive looked into other companies too, but honestly kwa seems to be the best choice. there are alot of complaints about being propriatary, but they have replacement parts, and with the performance ive seen out of these kwa guns, there arents any upgrades necesarry, which is a real nice thing, so you can focus more on external upgrades
You could go with the sr10 and attach a full stock on the back, it would be nearly the same gun.

#10 Cascade_sasquatch

Cascade_sasquatch

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country:

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

Sir Plus in Woodinville, Wa still has an SR12 in its showroom.  Im sure they would ship it to you.

#11 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

    Customer Service Manager

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Beach, CA
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...
  • Country:

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Somebody should jump on that...

#12 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

    What's a Warranty?

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!
  • Country:

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

View PostxKingSizex, on 17 December 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

Somebody should jump on that...

Word!

#13 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 17 December 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

Word!
Hurry!

#14 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

airsoftplayer123 - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  These Forums exist to aid members with any number of issues and is a place to ask questions, input information, partake in rich conversation on the subject of KWA products and airsoft in general, and learn about KWA products both GBB and AEG.  Selling is not allowed and because of this I hide your post.

I suggest you read the House Rules: http://kwausa.com/fo...tion=boardrules

And look forward to your future contributions.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users