• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Ive owned mine since it released and have put probably close to 10k rounds thru it and until recently (last week) i had to replace my loading nozzle. The little arm that pushes the bb up the ramp got worn out and was causing it to jam.

The new style hop up is working great still..unlike the lm4 hop ups that arent holding up for some ..which both guns use the same style.

Other then that this gun is beast! No leaky mags out of the three that i have. Im still using the cracked outer barrel with out having any issues. Still waiting on an upgraded metal barrel for KWA! Hopefully they make one.

So i was just wondering how everyone else who owns the hk45 is liking/disliking it?

Sent from my DROID2

#2 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

I've had mine since it was released as well and have about 3000 rounds through it.  The issues I've had include the following:

- Slide notch wore down from releasing the slide catch.  I filed the notch square again will a file (easy fix), but seems to me like the metal is a bit soft to wear after about 2000-2500 rounds.  I don't release the slide by depressing the catch anymore, I pull back on the slide instead after loading a new mag.   This eliminates the friction and the wear on the slide.

- On one of my mags, it will sometimes load the final 2 BBs in the mag at once causing it to jam.  Haven't figured out why it does this yet.  Other mag works perfectly.

The new hop appears to have very good range and accuracy compared to my Mk IV (the Mk IV is not bad by any standard).  I have not had an issue with the outer barrel, but am keeping my eye on it and would like to see a metal barrel someday.  The recoil is noticeably stronger than the 1911, which I also like.  Lastly, no leaky mags (which I didn't expect in the first place) and it is easy to aim and feels great in my hands.  

Overall, the gun performs very well and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a gas pistol.

#3 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

Oh yea..i forgot to mention the slide catch thing on my pistol too! Good thing you brought it up..i had to do same thing to mine..and i release slide now by pulling back on slide to prevent wear..other then that gun has been great. Is your outer barrel cracked?

The range on this pistol is amazing! I use .30g biovals and it shoots almost as far as my rifles do!

Sent from my DROID2

#4 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

No issue with cracked outer barrel.  Seems like it might have been a production issue since I recall you posted that the USP outer fits and I am not aware of this issue on those models.  

I agree that the range is really good.  I would say about 150ft, maybe more using 0.25 Perfects.

#5 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

You got a good barrel then lol..

Sent from my DROID2

#6 Lopaka

Lopaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

1k rounds so far.  Slide didn't catch at one point today after clearing the mag.  Slide catch also found its way out yesterday.  One thing that does drive me nuts is those little gaskets in the fill valve on the mags.  I lost one already.  I also own an ATP with the same little "MIA" gaskets.  Would be grateful for any tips on those gaskets besides "be careful".  

I wanted to use this platform as a race gun since it was so comfortable vs the USP Match.  No after market support for this platform.  Including the RS version.  Ive already changed my mind and will probably keep the HK45 stock and just mod out the ATP.  The HK45 Stock is still allot of fun.  Just need to figure out how to transplant the new hopup into the ATP.  I guess that's my biggest let down about the HK45 is the lack of upgrades which 50% isn't KWA's fault lol j/k but not really.. ok I'm kidding.

#7 bananaboy

bananaboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

Just got mine couple of days back. Love the gun, but have been facing problems with the slide catch. I've never once been able to get it to lock back after emptying a magazine. It appears that the mag doesn't push the lever high enough to engage the catch, and only a small part of lever actually bumps into the slot in the slide, wearing it down rapidly.

I've not shot more than 500 rounds through the thing, and it's already all worn down into a ramp instead of a catch. Not sure what I can do about it, since they don't sell replacement slides...

#8 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:46 AM

http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=1525

Hope it helps!

#9 bananaboy

bananaboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

Thanks, but that looks like a fix for the slide locking back with BBs still in the mag. My gun's slide does not lock back even when the mag is empty

=\

#10 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

I don't know the HK45's parts schematics that well, but perhaps your spring that engages the slide lock broke, or the bb follower in your magazine has been damaged or deformed and doesn't engage with the slide lock.

Can you lock the slide back manually? If so, then it is your bb follower that needs replacing.

#11 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:54 AM

Im gonna guess that the slide is worn out and round on the corner where the slide catch engages..i filed mine down to where it was square again. After fixing i dont use the slide catch as a slide 'release' anymore. Load a fresh mag and pull back on the slide to release slide catch. This will reduce the wear to the slide and the catch.

( o Y o )

#12 bananaboy

bananaboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

I can lock the slide back manually. The magazine's follower is intact. The slot in the slide is in fact, worn and no longer straight.

I attempted to file the catch square again, but after that, it just wore out again. Note that the gun is very new (about 2 days old) and I've put less than 500 rounds through it (less than 200 in fact), and the slide has only locked back on its own maybe twice. I believe the slide chipped itself on the first few catches, and has been steadily wearing down ever since.

It seems to me that the lever does not rise up high enough, so only a small part of it makes contact with the slide, so tiny bits of slide chip off with every shot.

I'm rather disappointed, because I really love the rest of the gun...

#13 bananaboy

bananaboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

Also, there appears to be a very faint hissing sound for about a second after each shot. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Edited by bananaboy, 30 September 2012 - 09:48 AM.

#14 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

You may be experiencing a leak. Try doing the water test. Fill a container of water and place your magazine inside it. If bubbles form and rise to the top, then you've got a leak. The leak may also explain that there isn't enough gas pressure to lock the slide back on the last shot. If the bb follower is worn at the spot that engages the slide lock, you will probably want a new one...

#15 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

Not a single issue since I replaced and polished the feed ramp. Though I did lose a fill valve o-ring.

Edited by akiraspeedstar, 30 September 2012 - 11:46 AM.

#16 bananaboy

bananaboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Water test, no bubbles. Looks like I got a faulty gun. The valve striker does not fully retract after each shot.

The slide still does not lock back. It never did ,square notch or not. I filed it back square. I filed it deeper than before. It's as square as it ever will be. It will engage manually after filing, but when firing an empty mag it never engages.

BB follower isn't worn. The gun is barely used.

#17 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Something to do with the bb follower then and its not pushing up on the slide lock is what im thinkin..

( o Y o )

#18 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

bananaboy, on 05 October 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

Water test, no bubbles. Looks like I got a faulty gun. The valve striker does not fully retract after each shot.

The slide still does not lock back. It never did ,square notch or not. I filed it back square. I filed it deeper than before. It's as square as it ever will be. It will engage manually after filing, but when firing an empty mag it never engages.

BB follower isn't worn. The gun is barely used.

bananaboy, you should have contacted our customer service before doing any modification to a new/barely used gun.  They are able to help you with your issues, especially if you are still under warranty.  Please contact our help desk for help and more information about your HK45 and we will be glad to help you out.

#19 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

Busted BB ramp and can't find replacement, even called KWA. Guess it's out of commission for a few weeks.  :unsure:

Edited by bid2630, 08 October 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#20 bananaboy

bananaboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

Viet, on 08 October 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

bananaboy, you should have contacted our customer service before doing any modification to a new/barely used gun.  They are able to help you with your issues, especially if you are still under warranty.  Please contact our help desk for help and more information about your HK45 and we will be glad to help you out.

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I'm not in the US. I'm from Asia - the gun I have has a HK number on the slide and is not an item they keep in stock, making it very difficult for me to get a replacement. I have no other options for purchasing this gun here, so this is a risk I took and live with.

I have since done a detail disassembly down to every last spring, cleaned and oiled everything, and managed to rectify the problem by reducing tension on the slide stop lever spring. The excessive tension there was making it difficult for the magazine spring to rapidly raise the slide stop lever on the last round. The partially raised slide stop notch was quickly wearing down the slide, so I resurfaced it and coated it with a thin layer of steel epoxy to protect it.

My safety and decocking lever was also having difficulty engaging, so i smoothed the safety/decocker plate out as well, and rounded the edge that it cams on the spring below it.

The gun fires well now, and the slide locks back. No jams, and the gun is proving to be extremely accurate and powerful (tropical temperatures does wonders for gas guns). I love the trigger, and gas efficiency is quite good.

I'm still looking for a way to switch the safety over for left handed or ambidextrous operation. Does anyone have any ideas there?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users