• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kwa ftw

kwa ftw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

Firstly, I'm somewhat of a noob to airsoft so forgive me of my lack of knowledge. Okay so my ATP auto has functioned perfectly for a while now, except for when I was an idiot and let wind blow dust and dirt into it. I had not realized the dust was in it and tried to fire it. This made the sand scratch up the cylinder (#4). That's when the gun completely stopped working. I could get one shot off of it and have to manually cycle it back again. I cleaned it all out and discovered that the cylinder was scratched. I replaced bought a new one thing that maybe the seal between the cylinder and mag  was bad because of all of the scratches. There is more power, but I still have to manually cycle it. This is with the standard mag though. The fpg magazine works flawlessly. If I push on the baseplate of the mag, it too works well. Again, I'm a noob to airsoft. Can anybody help me out? Thanks.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

View Postkwa ftw, on 01 January 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

Firstly, I'm somewhat of a noob to airsoft so forgive me of my lack of knowledge. Okay so my ATP auto has functioned perfectly for a while now, except for when I was an idiot and let wind blow dust and dirt into it. I had not realized the dust was in it and tried to fire it. This made the sand scratch up the cylinder (#4). That's when the gun completely stopped working. I could get one shot off of it and have to manually cycle it back again. I cleaned it all out and discovered that the cylinder was scratched. I replaced bought a new one thing that maybe the seal between the cylinder and mag  was bad because of all of the scratches. There is more power, but I still have to manually cycle it. This is with the standard mag though. The fpg magazine works flawlessly. If I push on the baseplate of the mag, it too works well. Again, I'm a noob to airsoft. Can anybody help me out? Thanks.
The FPG mag works...and if you push the standard mag up the gun cycles...Sounds like an issue with the mag or perhaps the mag catch is worn.  Have you inspected the mag catch to see if it is worn or damaged?

#3 kwa ftw

kwa ftw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

Yes I have inspected it but I haven't seen any signs of wearing. However I am uncertain because I'm not sure how to remove the magazine catch from the frame.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

View Postkwa ftw, on 01 January 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

Yes I have inspected it but I haven't seen any signs of wearing. However I am uncertain because I'm not sure how to remove the magazine catch from the frame.
Is the gun pasted it's warranty period?

#5 kwa ftw

kwa ftw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

View Postgcw360, on 02 January 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

Is the gun pasted it's warranty period?
yes

#6 kwa ftw

kwa ftw