Km4 Ris Stock Tube Wire Harness Replacement.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Southern Dandy

Southern Dandy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft....I don't need anything else.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

Hows the going lads,

Im new to the kwa forums so if i posted this in the wrong section my apologies anyway as the title reads i want to replace the coiled pig tail harness in my km4's stock tube, I swapped he stock for a magpul acs and there is little enough room as it is to get my lipo in the tube so my idea was to swap the harness for this one :http://store.kwausa....upplywire.aspx.

Will this work and does this come with the spade connections so i can just plug it in.

And finally do ye post to Ireland and if so how much?

#2 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Welcome to the KWA forums! I actually recently installed a Magpul ACS stock to my KM4 as well. The way my friend and I handled the wiring was that we cut the wiring in half, this included removing the fuse unfortunately, but with this set up I am able to collapse the stock fully and fit my buffer tube lipo's perfectly.  I removed the whole coil set up. If you have knowledge of how I solder wiring, I woul recommend this first before buying new wiring if you feel comfortable with doing so.
We would love to see your KM4 RIS. Feel free to post pictures of in the photo gallery!

#3 Southern Dandy

Southern Dandy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

View Postaaps59, on 16 April 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

Welcome to the KWA forums! I actually recently installed a Magpul ACS stock to my KM4 as well. The way my friend and I handled the wiring was that we cut the wiring in half, this included removing the fuse unfortunately, but with this set up I am able to collapse the stock fully and fit my buffer tube lipo's perfectly.  I removed the whole coil set up. If you have knowledge of how I solder wiring, I woul recommend this first before buying new wiring if you feel comfortable with doing so.
We would love to see your KM4 RIS. Feel free to post pictures of in the photo gallery!

Id like to keep the fuse ideally, but its worth a shot, yeah no problem soldering at all. Ill throw up a few pics in a bit, cheers for the help dude and the welcome..

#4 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

No problem at all I love to help. Happy to see someone else using a ACS stock. Just wondering though did you get a Magpul USA, clone, or PTS branded stock?

#5 Southern Dandy

Southern Dandy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

View Postaaps59, on 16 April 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

No problem at all I love to help. Happy to see someone else using a ACS stock. Just wondering though did you get a Magpul USA, clone, or PTS branded stock?

Its a magpul pts, love the look of them. Ill be be throwing up some pics tomorrow, the girlfriend is on a girl's night out tonight and subsequently robbed my camera so cant do it tonight.

I notice how all the american KWA's have no trademarks? In Ireland (europe) KWA are sold via a company called ASG (they are a European distributor) and are white stamped with LMT trades. Was browsing through the photos section there are some seriously nice pieces on there including yours.

#6 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Ive updated mine, I don't think I have a picture with my ACS stock. But I do have a picture of M9 I believe. I need to take a decent picture of the SR10...
American KWA's have KWA trades... But not like military trades

#7 Southern Dandy

Southern Dandy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:22 AM

View Postaaps59, on 16 April 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Ive updated mine, I don't think I have a picture with my ACS stock. But I do have a picture of M9 I believe. I need to take a decent picture of the SR10...
American KWA's have KWA trades... But not like military trades

I cut the harness down anyway and no problems getting the lipo's in now perfectly.

#8 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

View PostSouthern Dandy, on 18 April 2012 - 07:22 AM, said:

I cut the harness down anyway and no problems getting the lipo's in now perfectly.
Without the fuse?

#9 Southern Dandy

Southern Dandy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

View Postaaps59, on 18 April 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

Without the fuse?

Yup fuse is gone, have an idea where to re-position it but Im in no rush to do it.

#10 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostSouthern Dandy, on 18 April 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Yup fuse is gone, have an idea where to re-position it but Im in no rush to do it.
Very nice! Do you find that you have to fully collapse the stock, and pull out the cylindrical storage compartments to get the battery out with ease?

#11 Southern Dandy

Southern Dandy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

View Postaaps59, on 18 April 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Very nice! Do you find that you have to fully collapse the stock, and pull out the cylindrical storage compartments to get the battery out with ease?

Yea its way easier this way, considering before I had to get through the coiled wire and the rubber compartment caps to put the battery In/out. I had originally wired the fuse into one of those compartments but this meant all the coil was bundled into one area and having the stock fully extended put a bit of stress on the harness.

#12 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

View PostSouthern Dandy, on 19 April 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

Yea its way easier this way, considering before I had to get through the coiled wire and the rubber compartment caps to put the battery In/out. I had originally wired the fuse into one of those compartments but this meant all the coil was bundled into one area and having the stock fully extended put a bit of stress on the harness.
Sounds good. To insert and remove my battery I find that I have to collapse the stock, open up the rubber caps (otherwise their legs are in the way) then reach in and grab the battery.
What battery do you use?

#13 Southern Dandy

Southern Dandy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

View Postaaps59, on 19 April 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

Sounds good. To insert and remove my battery I find that I have to collapse the stock, open up the rubber caps (otherwise their legs are in the way) then reach in and grab the battery.
What battery do you use?

ASG 7.4v 1300mah 20c lipos, Because of our fps restrictions here all guns cannot fire above 328fps, anything over that is deemed a firearm and to put it lightly your in the sh*t if your caught with what we call a "Hot" gun.

So because of this law we downgrade by changing springs (some drill pistons to downgrade which is just lazy way to downgrade and there trying to save on buying replacement spring). Light springs (M90) are put in and using an 11.1v lipo would cause problem. Now we all know KWA's are lipo ready but I was told by the retailer who in turn was advised by KWA (apparently) to recommend 7.4v lipos. Whether there is truth to this I don't know but I aint guna chance finding out.

#14 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Actually, I think you will be quite pleased with the performance of that 7.4 lipo with an m90 spring.

#15 Southern Dandy

Southern Dandy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

View Postgcw360, on 19 April 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

Actually, I think you will be quite pleased with the performance of that 7.4 lipo with an m90 spring.

Definitely, more of a semi auto person but im quite happy with rof when i open her up on full auto.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users