7 replies to this topic

#1 SkudShark

SkudShark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Hey gang,
New to Airsoft and figured I'd go for the nicest GBB that caught my eye and settled on a Vector today. it works flawlessly and I love it, however I noticed the vertical grip up front wiggles. I tried tightening the screws but noticed its the rail itself and so I pulled the grip off expecting to find tension screws for the rail but there is none.

Does anyone else have this problem? the rest of the gun feels solid so this bit, is a kind of a let down as it is noticible.

Thanks for any help!

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Dude!!!! I just fixed mine like 30 minutes ago!!!....good timing, LOL.
  • Go to Ace Hardware or some hobby shop that sells brass "shim" stock, buy 1/64 x 1/4" (at least that's what I used because I had it on hand),. lots of places dell this stuff and 12" length should cost less than a buck!

• Remove the rail by taking out the two hex bolts and the roll pin. Use a 5/64"/Number 2 roll pin punch and light hammer

• Cut a 2" length (APPROX) of the stock...be sure that the ends are FLAT after cutting or the next step will be a PITA

• Place the brass shim stock flat against the lower rail mount

• Slide on the rail, NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO TAP THE RAIL ON WITH A LIGHT HAMMER, DON'T FREAK OUT, TAKE YOUR TIME, IT WILL GO ON...you can use some silicone oil if needed to help things along

• Replace the roll pin and mounting screws...and you are done
This takes about 5 minutes or less.  However, if you are not confident and comfortable doing this I would leave it to a qualified gun tech.  Also, this worked on mine, I expect it to work on yours. But remember, this is a trial of one so I can not guaranty it.

See here for the company that makes it: http://www.ksmetals....lLocations.html

Hope this helps.

#3 SkudShark

SkudShark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

Is this a common issue? I only ask because I can swap mine out possibly Monday, but if they all do it, I guess I can try the shim idea?
Thanks for the quick reply tho!

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostSkudShark, on 31 March 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

Is this a common issue? I only ask because I can swap mine out possibly Monday, but if they all do it, I guess I can try the shim idea?
Thanks for the quick reply tho!
You are welcome.  I am not sure how common it is.  In fact mine wasn't all that bad.  But, I like to improve things so I figured why not.  The wiggle on mine was coming from the rail moving on the mount so I am not sure a simple swap of the grip will solve it for you.

#5 SkudShark

SkudShark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

I was probably going to just swap the gun at the shop since I've only had it a day, I'll go check out their others and if its the same ill do the shim trick :)

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostSkudShark, on 31 March 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

I was probably going to just swap the gun at the shop since I've only had it a day, I'll go check out their others and if its the same ill do the shim trick :)
If the others are loose please let us know.  I have only held one other production model and it was nice and tight.  Hopefully it's not a widespread issue, and since I no not remember hearing about it before it my be just a minor thing.

#7 SkudShark

SkudShark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Looks liek the two at the shop had the loose rail too. albeit not as bad as mine, guess I'll be shimming it lol.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostSkudShark, on 01 April 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Looks liek the two at the shop had the loose rail too. albeit not as bad as mine, guess I'll be shimming it lol.
It's easy and once it's done you can forget it!  Mine is extremely tight now...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users