• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 forty2

forty2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:20 AM

I just purchased what should have been a new USP Tactical but I suspect it was demo'd a fair amount by the shop I purchased it from.  The stickers were pulled from it and poorly reapplied (not properly lining up where the sticker backing had pulled free when it was originally pulled off), also it's got a bit of wear showing inside and dirt buildup, but not so much that I'm actually too concerned about it. The gun showed up drenched in lube, I immediately cleaned it completely and relubed. Overall I'm still pretty happy with the gun.

My problem is that the slide doesn't lock back after finishing off a magazine. The slide locks just fine when I pull it back by hand with an empty mag.  I'm quite certain that I have enough gas, I'm running propane and I can empty the mag multiple times on a single fill with plenty of kick. Also, I've tried hold the mag up tight with my second hand to ensure fit. Any additional things I should be trying before I break down and send the gun back? (assuming the retailer will admit fault and take it back)

EDIT - I should also mention that I have a second mag and fresh out of the package I get the same results.

Edited by forty2, 05 December 2011 - 08:33 AM.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

Have you tried green gas? If both mags are doing it, it's either the gas you are using or the recoils spring may be too stiff.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

Here give this thread a read: http://kwausa.com/fo...ck&fromsearch=1
Spiggy gives some tips in the last post.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

View Postgcw360, on 05 December 2011 - 04:29 PM, said:

Here give this thread a read: http://kwausa.com/fo...ck&fromsearch=1
Spiggy gives some tips in the last post.
Almost forgot about that dang spring!!  lol

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

That and the BB follower could be messed up.

#6 kullwarrior

kullwarrior

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Immunology, Virus, Infectious Bacteria, Firearms

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:16 PM

Tried shooting with your supporting hand holding the gun like a cup (push the bottom of the mag up)
If it does work, it means its the mag catch on the lower frame or the mags it self (if you have another new mag purchase seperate from the gun that has the same issue, then its the mag catch on the frame)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: slide, lock

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users