3 replies to this topic

#1 Lt. Tony

Lt. Tony

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:58 AM

Does anyone know where I can get a Metal barrel for the M9 PTP?

#2 lpesce

lpesce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:40 AM

Lt. Tony, on Oct 15 2008, 11:58 AM, said:

Does anyone know where I can get a Metal barrel for the M9 PTP?

G&G made a metal outer barrel, threaded, for the non PTP M9 (which originally also had a metal outer barrel). But being the PTP barrel different, it cannot be used on the PTP.

I show in a couple of videos in youtube, how to install one, and also how to quickly change the PTP into an all metal pistol (but loosing the new gas delivery system in the process).

As far as I know, and i looked, there is no company that makes a metal one for the PTP model. Of course I cannto see all worldwide, so if anyone else know there is one, let us know.

Cheers
Leo

#3 Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:00 AM

Also, the PTP model has a polymer barrel for performance purposes (supposedly).  It is a "self-lubricating" barrel.  Basically, the polymer produces less friction than a metal barrel on the slide.

#4 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:32 PM

Doctor Kajita, on Oct 17 2008, 09:00 AM, said:

Also, the PTP model has a polymer barrel for performance purposes (supposedly).  It is a "self-lubricating" barrel.  Basically, the polymer produces less friction than a metal barrel on the slide.

The manufacturing cost for both polymer and aluminum barrel are about the same.  We've done enough tests to validate our decision.  The PTP series pistols were designed to be performers than lookers. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users