• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xXxGruntxXx

xXxGruntxXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:32 AM

Many of us know that leaving a spring cocked will greatly reduce its power. I've heard from many sources that firing a few times on semi auto when you are done playing will decock the spring. I have tried this with the KWA, and when I examined the nozzle, it appeared to back. I switched it to full auto and fired it a few times and got it to stay forward. Is the KWA semi auto different than the past AEGs I've used in the way that it actually cocks the spring when you fire on semi? I hope so, because I've stored it with the nozzle forwards ever since I got it. If I did reduce my springs power, what kind of FPS drop can I expect from leaving it like that for about 64 hours?

#2 karMeister

karMeister

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:15 PM

View PostxXxGruntxXx, on Jun 18 2008, 09:32 AM, said:

Many of us know that leaving a spring cocked will greatly reduce its power. I've heard from many sources that firing a few times on semi auto when you are done playing will decock the spring. I have tried this with the KWA, and when I examined the nozzle, it appeared to back. I switched it to full auto and fired it a few times and got it to stay forward. Is the KWA semi auto different than the past AEGs I've used in the way that it actually cocks the spring when you fire on semi? I hope so, because I've stored it with the nozzle forwards ever since I got it. If I did reduce my springs power, what kind of FPS drop can I expect from leaving it like that for about 64 hours?

Its the same as any other AEG with the ICS as an exception (it has a relax function on the forward assist)
Listen to the way you fire it in semi...dont hold the trigger all the way down just sqeeze a bit. FPS wont really drop that much... it just makes the spring settles faster -20 to -30 FPS

#3 Steamboatsig

Steamboatsig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

Springs lose strength when cycling from compression to extension.  Leaving it in one position is not supposed to weaken the spring....theoretically.

Edited by Steamboatsig, 18 June 2008 - 10:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users