10 replies to this topic

#1 alexsteele

alexsteele

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

Good evening all..

New member, relatively new follower. I want to apologize up front to the purists who will undoubtedly be offended by my desire to maximize rof AND fps. Yes we've all heard it before, but I want to find out what my SR10 is truly capable of with money not being a factor.

I've considered DSG builds but there's not enough information out there just yet to definitively say whether or not it's a practical route.

So I'm coming to you all for help!

I want to achieve ~400 FPS and 40-50 bps with .28's. I know the warnings. I know it's a bad idea, the gun will explode, etc..so consider me warned!

What's the best setup to achieve a ridiculous rof with fps? Obviously I want to maximize range.

Current setup:

SR10 stock gears
Matrix torque motor
Systema M130
AIM Hellfire piston and ported piston head (polymer..id love to upgrade to a spring that can keep up)

Considering

Stock gears with DSG (can any other setup achieve such a high rof with the fps? Would love to avoid DSG if I can)
Systema M150+
Full alumninum piston
G&P Satan Motor

There's more but I want everyone's thoughts. Is this achievable?

My motivation: I hate p* and owning them on the field isn't enough. Need to replicate with a gearbox.

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by alexsteele, 30 June 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#2 JesseHammil

JesseHammil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

Some men, just want to watch the world burn.

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:39 AM

I'm not sure the magazines can keep up with that cyclic rate!

-- Chuck

#4 alexsteele

alexsteele

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:06 AM

I'll be putting in a MOSFET to regulate with primarily 3 shot bursts. But hey, see: Jesse's post :)

Can anyone help?

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,591 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:30 AM

View Postalexsteele, on 30 June 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

Good evening all..

New member, relatively new follower. I want to apologize up front to the purists who will undoubtedly be offended by my desire to maximize rof AND fps. Yes we've all heard it before, but I want to find out what my SR10 is truly capable of with money not being a factor.

I've considered DSG builds but there's not enough information out there just yet to definitively say whether or not it's a practical route.

So I'm coming to you all for help!

I want to achieve ~400 FPS and 40-50 bps with .28's. I know the warnings. I know it's a bad idea, the gun will explode, etc..so consider me warned!

What's the best setup to achieve a ridiculous rof with fps? Obviously I want to maximize range.

Current setup:

SR10 stock gears
Matrix torque motor
Systema M130
AIM Hellfire piston and ported piston head (polymer..id love to upgrade to a spring that can keep up)

Considering

Stock gears with DSG (can any other setup achieve such a high rof with the fps? Would love to avoid DSG if I can)
Systema M150+
Full alumninum piston
G&P Satan Motor

There's more but I want everyone's thoughts. Is this achievable?

My motivation: I hate p* and owning them on the field isn't enough. Need to replicate with a gearbox.

Thanks in advance!!
Can you post the FPS and ROF you are currently getting?  I want to do some math....

#6 alexsteele

alexsteele

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

22 bps and 397 fps

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,591 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

View Postalexsteele, on 01 July 2014 - 08:49 AM, said:

22 bps and 397 fps
Presumably with .28s?

#8 alexsteele

alexsteele

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

View Postgcw360, on 01 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

Presumably with .28s?
Yes. My apologies for not clarifying!

#9 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

You're shooting 397 fps with .28s!? :shocked:  what in the HE*L are you shooting with .2!? That's gotta be close to 500 or something??

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,591 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

View Postalexsteele, on 01 July 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

Yes. My apologies for not clarifying!
I'm wondering if you are losing efficiancy with the piston/piston head combibation you are using.  A systema m130 should have you closer to 475+ with .2s which is 440+ish with .3s....and somewhere in between with a .28 BB.  Is that measured with the hop-up on?

In fact, my Km4A1 was 480+ with .2's using a Sytema SS M130 and everything else stock.

#11 alexsteele

alexsteele

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

View Postgcw360, on 01 July 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

I'm wondering if you are losing efficiancy with the piston/piston head combibation you are using.  A systema m130 should have you closer to 475+ with .2s which is 440+ish with .3s....and somewhere in between with a .28 BB.  Is that measured with the hop-up on?

In fact, my Km4A1 was 480+ with .2's using a Sytema SS M130 and everything else stock.
I've had inconsistent results at my field with their chrono. I'm inclined to think that may be the issue. I chrono'd 375 with .3's...430 with .2's. It's been bizarre. I suspected the piston wasn't getting me phenomenal efficiency and I've been concerned about my compression. The piston/head are the first things I wanted to change. The stock piston wasn't getting it done for me but then again, neither has the replacement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users