• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 NinjaGinga

NinjaGinga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

Hey guys, i'll get right to it. KWA KMP9 vs KWA MP7. No other suggestions. Only one of these two guns. I play 55% CQB and 45% Woodland. I want a gun that can excel in both game types. Go in to detail on which is a better choice and why? Also, if you could list what I should get for each gun (how many mags, scopes, mock silencers etc) that would be terrific and would help me out a lot. Thanks!

#2 o6inferno

o6inferno

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, cars, guns

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

both are great choices, from what i have seen most mp7 shoot hard like 450 and above and mp9s shoot around 430 or so. My personal mp9 shoot 428 religious. I had a mp7 that shot 475 religious. both shoot very straight and very crisp. The mp9 is pretty loud and if trying to be covert could give position away, mp7 a little quieter but still gbb obviously. both hold around the same amount of bbs. I like the feel of the mp9 better than the mp7. Scope wise i run a utg cqb red green dot scope. mp7 is side fold stock and mp7 is collapsible with 2 position in or out. both have low power bolts available that are advertised to drop fps by around 30 or so be be cqb friendly.both have thread adapters available to attach mock suppressors or amplifiers. In all both guns are great to its leaves you to choose which you like the feel and look of, i would recommend holding both if possible. Mp7 does have the available short mag which would make it more friendly for say a snipers back up with the flush fit mag. As far as mag counts depends on play style, i can play a 8-10 min game with 2 fully loaded mag. i play mostly semi and shoot for the kill. best luck and hope this helps your decision.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

o6inferno, on 13 October 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

both are great choices, from what i have seen most mp7 shoot hard like 450 and above and mp9s shoot around 430 or so. My personal mp9 shoot 428 religious. I had a mp7 that shot 475 religious. both shoot very straight and very crisp. The mp9 is pretty loud and if trying to be covert could give position away, mp7 a little quieter but still gbb obviously. both hold around the same amount of bbs. I like the feel of the mp9 better than the mp7. Scope wise i run a utg cqb red green dot scope. mp7 is side fold stock and mp7 is collapsible with 2 position in or out. both have low power bolts available that are advertised to drop fps by around 30 or so be be cqb friendly.both have thread adapters available to attach mock suppressors or amplifiers. In all both guns are great to its leaves you to choose which you like the feel and look of, i would recommend holding both if possible. Mp7 does have the available short mag which would make it more friendly for say a snipers back up with the flush fit mag. As far as mag counts depends on play style, i can play a 8-10 min game with 2 fully loaded mag. i play mostly semi and shoot for the kill. best luck and hope this helps your decision.
Ditto, ditto, ditto...It's hard to add anything.  I will say if you want to go monster high with the FPS it will be easier with the MP7 because of the aftermarket barrels.  That said, I have both and prefer the MP9 for it's simplicity, loud report, and awesome ROF..  I also find the MP9 easier to work on if significant repairs are needed.  The MP7 is easier to change out the bolt... but the MP9 is easier to work on the internals...trigger, barrel, etc.

Also, there is just plain more to break in the MP7 not to mention the special tools (ultra small hex wrench) needed to work on the internals.

I would highly recommend the MP9 with the integrated front grip.

Oh, the MP9 costs less too!  With the money you save you can buy an extra mag!

Hope this helps.

#4 NinjaGinga

NinjaGinga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

Thanks for the very detailed explanations on both guns but I still have some questions regarding both guns.
1. Which of these two guns is better in the cold weather of Illinois?
2. Which has easier iron sights to aim down?
3. If I had to get different optics for it, what would be the best choice for a red/green dot sight?
4. Mags, how many do i need?
5. Which uses green gas better, because I don't trust propane. (Sorry Hank Hill)
You guys are the best, thanks again for helping me with my decision!

Edited by NinjaGinga, 14 October 2012 - 08:29 AM.

#5 o6inferno

o6inferno

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, cars, guns

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

1. Which of these two guns is better in the cold weather of Illinois?, i have used both in cold weather and both worked fine. fps was lower but still could get a full mag out, i am in georgia thought our winters arent super cold.
2. Which has easier iron sights to aim down?, the mp7 comes with sites that fold up prob would be ok with mask, however i always use optics.
3. If I had to get different optics for it, what would be the best choice for a red/green dot sight?, i like clone eotech and aimpoint style scopes.
4. Mags, how many do i need? depend on how you play and how long the games you play are. i run 2 and thats enough for me.
5. Which uses green gas better, because I don't trust propane. (Sorry Hank Hill), i like king arms gas always seems to work well also kwa is great if you can find it/

#6 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

1. Which of these two guns is better in the cold weather of Illinois? - You won't notice much of a difference between the two

2. Which has easier iron sights to aim down? - I'd go with the MP7 sights as mentioned before, they flip up. Though I also use Red Dots and never Iron Sights.

3. If I had to get different optics for it, what would be the best choice for a red/green dot sight? - Depends on if you're going CQB or Longer Field use. I'm not a fan of Airsoft Replica Red Dots as they've failed on me numerous times, I love my new Vortex Sparc though.

4. Mags, how many do i need? Depends on what type of player you are and what type of game. I'd say that you should have AT LEAST 4 Magazines total, though 5-6 is recommended.

5. Which uses green gas better, because I don't trust propane. (Sorry Hank Hill) - Again, you won't notice a difference.

---

In the end, I'd go with the MP7 due to the better aftermarket support and also I consider it to be the better looking weapon.

#7 NinjaGinga

NinjaGinga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

Thanks everybody! I've made my decision  its a KWA KMP9 in Ranger Grey with 4 Mags. Does anybody know of any good mp9 mag pouches (or mag puches that fit m9 mags)?

#8 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

I use HSGI pistol taco pouches for my KMP9 magazines.  And when I'm not running KMP9 I use them for pistol mags.

#9 Tr3ncher

Tr3ncher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:Jesus is my Lord, Missions are my passion, airsoft is my game of choice, KWA is my brand of choice.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Not to thread jack, but it is along the same lines. I have also decided to get the KMP9 with the DangerWerx Threaded Barrel Adapter. What would be a good length mock supressor to attach to the front. I was thinking 110mm to balance out the look of the barrel and the stock.

#10 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Rock Climbing, RS Shooting and Tactics Courses

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

Whichever you think looks best. Mine has a short mock suppressor on it and it looks just fine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mp7, kmp9, kmp9r, kwa, ksc, vs, or

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users