Jump to content


Anyone have experience with a Reaps bucking in you MP7


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Icurblud

Icurblud

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania
  • Country:

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

I wanted to change out the bucking in my MP7 to a Reaps.  Does anyone have any experience with installing one?

http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=39906

Edited by Icurblud, 16 April 2013 - 04:35 PM.


#2 General Pickle

General Pickle

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oregon
  • Interests:tactical stuffs(airsoft, real steel, knives etc.), mechanical and manufacturing engineering, computers, gaming, the great outdoors
  • Country:

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

If the need ever arises I will surely try it, however my stock MP7 bucking seems to be doing very well, offering me ranges that even today surprise me. With .25's and the right hop setting I get about 200ft+ with little to no variation, enough to hit people consistently anyway. I think next I'll try .30's and see what I can get from that. I am curious though as to what results the REAPs will have to offer, but at the moment I'm kind of thinking 'it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.'

#3 Icurblud

Icurblud

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania
  • Country:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Does the stock bucking have the ball bearing like the reaps. I got it today and may try to throw it in.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostIcurblud, on 23 April 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Does the stock bucking have the ball bearing like the reaps. I got it today and may try to throw it in.
Yes, it has a BB

#5 Icurblud

Icurblud

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania
  • Country:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

Thanks GCW.  I figure ask before pulling it apart.  I wanted to put a reaps in my LM4 so i ordered one.  Well it also takes the ball bearing and the lm4 doesnt have one.  I wonder why evike lists it saying it fits KWA GBBR's if it doesnt fit.  Maybe modified it will work but not out of the package.

#6 mdd1994

mdd1994

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

I have the reaps installed in my MP7. it works amazingly, it does exactly what the REAPS is designed to do. this is one upgrade bucking I will recommend to everybody that owns an MP7. as for the installation, it is a major pain. there are a few videos on youtube. this is the one that I used, its a really good how to video. hope this helps.

#7 Maximusmjg

Maximusmjg

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Country:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

View Postmdd1994, on 24 April 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

I have the reaps installed in my MP7. it works amazingly, it does exactly what the REAPS is designed to do. this is one upgrade bucking I will recommend to everybody that owns an MP7. as for the installation, it is a major pain. there are a few videos on youtube. this is the one that I used, its a really good how to video. hope this helps.

Just ordered the Reaps buckings for both my MP7s glad to here they work well thanks for the info!

#8 Icurblud

Icurblud

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania
  • Country:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

I installed the reaps bucking last night.  Piece of cake, simple to do.  Much more tear down on my LM4 to change out the bucking.  I did a quick test and at least the gun is working. I will do more testing tomorrow.  I was getting 400fps with the stock bolt and .2 bb's.  We will see later what improvements i will get.

#9 Icurblud

Icurblud

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania
  • Country:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

So not very impressed.  I chrono'd before the install and was getting 400-410 using .2's.  now I am getting 350 using same bb's.  the install went very easy so I know it's installed correctly.   Any thoughts?

Edited by Icurblud, 26 April 2013 - 03:53 PM.


#10 Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Country:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostIcurblud, on 26 April 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

So not very impressed.  I chrono'd before the install and was getting 400-410 using .2's.  now I am getting 350 using same bb's.  the install went very easy so I know it's installed correctly.   Any thoughts?

I'd be most interested in hearing about range and accuracy. I have heard that the reaps buckings in general give you alot of range but horrible accuracy.

#11 bryanchang

bryanchang

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Country:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostDirt Bag, on 26 April 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

I'd be most interested in hearing about range and accuracy. I have heard that the reaps buckings in general give you alot of range but horrible accuracy.

My experience is quite positive. Here are my test results:

http://kwausa.com/fo...opic=9126&st=20




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users