#1 killerimpulse

killerimpulse

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:saltwater fish tank and reef tanks, scuba, paintball, golf

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

Im looking to add some type of RIS/railed hand guard that will fit on the LM4 PTR with out cutting or doing any major mods yet.

I looked at the 3rd party add ons but it seems i would have to mod the gas block in some fashion.

I do like the 6 sided rail/RIS. if some members could throw me some ideas that would be great. Being that i only have basic tools for my real pistols, i don't want to get into major work right yet.
almost like a drop in or something.

Thanks

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

Any drop in CAR15/M4 carbine length handguard/ ris will fit. Some options: magpul carbine length hand guard with the illumination kit to add rails, a utg quad rail, or even something as expensive as a drop in rail carbine length from Troy Industries.

#3 killerimpulse

killerimpulse

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

Thanks outlaw. Your always quick to help.
Im looking at this model. http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=4593 How do i know if this will fit GBB? Some say for GBB and some say for AEG and most say nothing?

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

View Postkillerimpulse, on 05 August 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

Thanks outlaw. Your always quick to help.
Im looking at this model. http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=4593 How do i know if this will fit GBB? Some say for GBB and some say for AEG and most say nothing?
No problem dude. I try to stay quick on my feet! Yes that quad rail will fit. When it says it's for a normal delta ring, it means it's for the delta ring the LM4 has. Just as long as you can get the hand guards off, you can get those rails on! If the delta ring is a little stiff, you can always use a vice, or use an AR-15 wrench to weaken the spring in the delta ring. Here's a link: http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/B001M5TRIS
or you can buy a specific hand guard removing tool if the delta ring is too strong:
http://www.cheaperth...product/ARR-144

#5 killerimpulse

killerimpulse

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

i also found this rail
http://www.airsoftou...emart&Itemid=28

Any comments or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

#6 killerimpulse

killerimpulse

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 05 August 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

No problem dude. I try to stay quick on my feet! Yes that quad rail will fit. When it says it's for a normal delta ring, it means it's for the delta ring the LM4 has. Just as long as you can get the hand guards off, you can get those rails on! If the delta ring is a little stiff, you can always use a vice, or use an AR-15 wrench to weaken the spring in the delta ring. Here's a link: http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/B001M5TRIS
or you can buy a specific hand guard removing tool if the delta ring is too strong:
http://www.cheaperth...product/ARR-144

Cool my guard came off. The delta ring is a little stiffer then i thought but after the right grip and push down straight it moved. The guard came off in two pieces with a little help. Now it lays naked with the gas tube and barrel exposed. Waiting for a nice rail and hand grip.

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

View Postkillerimpulse, on 05 August 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

i also found this rail
http://www.airsoftou...emart&Itemid=28

Any comments or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks
That rail will fit, but you will have to either mod the triangle sight (cut it down so only the gas block holds the gas tube in place) or buy a gas block, and remove the delta ring to install the free float rail's delta ring and put that onto the frame and slide the rail in and screw it into the new delta ring. So, technically the rail will fit, but you do have to a little bit of modification which you will need an AR wrench to do so... If you need a step by step process of getting a free float rail system onto your gun, I can run you through that if you'd like.

#8 killerimpulse

killerimpulse

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

Ok, cool. I think i figure it out now with your last reply outlaw. I was confusing the front ring in that hold the guard rail in place also.
So it seems i need a gas block and pretty much any size rail then. Push the two pins out slide the front iron sight/gas block and ring off replace a gas block/iron sight with low profile gas block replace the pins install new rail system.

am i correct in this quick bridge version of replacing the rail?

Thanks outlaw.

#9 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

View Postkillerimpulse, on 05 August 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

Ok, cool. I think i figure it out now with your last reply outlaw. I was confusing the front ring in that hold the guard rail in place also.
So it seems i need a gas block and pretty much any size rail then. Push the two pins out slide the front iron sight/gas block and ring off replace a gas block/iron sight with low profile gas block replace the pins install new rail system.

am i correct in this quick bridge version of replacing the rail?

Thanks outlaw.
Yup! Only thing is, you're going to have to remove your orange flash hider... in which I can't tell you how to do since it's against house rules, but search around... you'll find it. Once you remove the orange flash hider, knock those two roll pins out, then theres a really small pin in the triangle sight that keeps the gas block in place. If you remove the triangle sight out before knocking out this really thin pin, you will take your gas tube off with the sight, so I'd recommend knocking that out as well... Once you've got those three pins out, wiggle that triangle sight out and install your new low profile gas block... at the same time, you can use your wrench to take off your delta ring (note you must have your gas tube out when removing delta ring) and then install the new barrel nut, that you will screw your free float rail onto. Screw in the free float rail, put the gas tube back in, gas block goes in after, and you've got a gun with a free float rail system!! Here's a link to the gas block I use: http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=4821

Hope your build turns out okay!

#10 killerimpulse

killerimpulse

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

Ok cool.

Tell me how this looks and will work to save my delta ring... I dont know why but i like the delta ring. The rail system below uses the delta ring.
This rail system http://www.airsoftgi...oducts_id=10139 i like the fact that rail closed the gap between the rail the top rail under the carrying handle.
this gas block http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=4797
Following your instructions would these add on work?

Thanks again
Time for me to hit the hay and dream this plan thru

#11 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Woah, nice rail and gas block... never seen anything like em. Actually, with that rail, it is designed to fit onto the normal triangle front sight post and hand guard end cap so you won't have to purchase the gas block if you want to run that rail... With that rail all you have to do is remove your plastic hand guards, and attach the rail. It's that simple.

#12 killerimpulse

killerimpulse

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Cool. I'll order and install and take some pics and see what they look like on the Gn. Need to pick up a scope of some sort.  Now I have to wait for them to deliver the goods.
Is airsoft gi a good place to order from?

Thanks

#13 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

I always order from Airsoft GI. They are great, and will ship your package free for all orders $100 and up. Plus they always have good coupon codes to save you even more money. They even have good customer service. I recommend them 100%.

#14 killerimpulse

killerimpulse

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

ok, great thats what i wanted to hear.

I have read bad reviews about some of the other airsoft sites i was looking at.

Thank you

#15 killerimpulse

killerimpulse

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

Ok, so far its been a two part order I got the rail from airsoft GI but the block was out of stock. Ended up buying the UTG Pro Model 4/15 Quad Rail Gas Block from airsoft extreme. Its says it will fit all models, so i'll find out how true that it is.
just hope they are good.

#16 VooDoo

VooDoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Bmx, Djing, Driving, Music

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:54 AM

Was wondering if this handguard would fit without any mods
http://www.evike.com/products/44982/
Was thinking of buying a Lm4 and with evike i can get a free gift thought why not make it a rail system

#17 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

I realize this is an 18 moth old thread...

Don't waste money on a "free floating" or other exotic rail for the LM4.  A two piece bolt on like the UTG 415 mount (I paid about $30 for mine) works fine.  We're not concerned with 1-MOA accuracy in rail mounted sights in airsoft.  Good enough for lights and airsoft-use dot sights.

Posted Image

Here it is on my LM4 (top) mimicking my LWRC M6A1.

Posted Image

-- Chuck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users