526 replies to this topic

#441 Mandrake

Mandrake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Confirming the MAG VN 130 magazines.
Tested 21 with the KM16SR12 won't drop out on hitting release probably due to light weight but all fit with little free play and no misfeeds or double feeds in both semi and full auto modes. Performed flawlessly and shot every round.
NOTE only break in I performed was loading each up full and left them sitting for 30 minutes.

Edited by Mandrake, 22 June 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#442 Kermitisoncrack

Kermitisoncrack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

Hi All,

Just performed some upgrades and wanted to share my results.

The Shredder Concave Spacer (SCS) hop-up nub fits the stock KWA hop-up unit like a charm. Additionally, the System packing fits, albeit very tightly with a KM TBB. The only modification to the packing is cutting just a bit off the end to ensure the inner barrel can fit with the hop-up unit, which others have found to be the case as well.

I recently purchased a replacement hop-up unit and KM 6.02mm TBB from the KWA Pro Shops, and along with an SCS nub and Systema packing have seen improvements in shot grouping and range. But I have to say the stock parts work extremely well and you’ll do swell without upgrades.

For external upgrades I found the Troy Industries MRF line of rails fit nice and tight without having to tool with anything. The MRF-MX 10” was placed on a KM4A1 upper (which is used on an SR7 lower so the battery is in the stock). You will have to remove the stock delta ring and retention spring (as you would on real steel) in order to fit the MRF rails. The KM4A1 barrel nut should fit fine, but because I’m lazy I replaced the entire barrel nut with a “plain” Kings Arms barrel nut. The KA barrel nut fit without issue and no wobble on the outer barrel.

If you are going from a KM4A1 or KM4 RIS, you may need to replace the front sight/gas block, depending on the MRF rail length. I found that a Kings Arms low-profile gas block and tube fit well, which is a replica of the Troy Industries low-profile gas block.

I’ve also found that the Knights Arms Co. RAS rail fits well on a stock KM4A1 upper. The only thing you may have to do is move the front sight/gas block forward 1/16”. If you experience issues fitting the rail, consider taking the rear clamp off the RAS unit, as it may be flush with the gas tube. Even after removing the clamp the rail fit very tight with no wobble.

One word of warning I found with one of my KM4A1 uppers is that one of the receiver’s threading was cut so that the barrel nut grooves, when fully tightened, were a little off center. Because the KAC RAS has alignment pins that fit into the barrel nut grooves at 10 and 2 o’clock. Because of this the RAS canted my front sight a little. You could probably fix this through modifying the RAS or loosening the barrel nut just a smidge and tightening the barrel using nylon tape.

I only had the offset barrel nut on one of my KM4A1 uppers, another upper, which was purchased from the same place at the same time, was just fine.

The final thing to report is that the Mako/FAB Defense rail attachment for the stock KM4A1 hand guards fit. You may have to make a small incision on the rails (or handguard) in order to have all the screw holes line up. Once that’s done you’ll be good to go.

Hope this helps with some upgrade ideas.

#443 Thorvald Knopp

Thorvald Knopp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

hello, I am French and I would like to know if the upper vltor are compatible with M4 kwa.
My test:
ACM mag are completly compatible
RIS acm magpul replica are too large
vltor cross is compatible

#444 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,722 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostThorvald Knopp, on 10 July 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

hello, I am French and I would like to know if the upper vltor are compatible with M4 kwa.
My test:
ACM mag are completly compatible
RIS acm magpul replica are too large
vltor cross is compatible
Hi Thorvald and welcome to the KWA Forums.  The Vltor upper is not compatible with the 2GX gearbox design.

#445 musicianairsofter

musicianairsofter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Airsofting,
    violin,
    my fiance'

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

MagPul PTS MOE / MIAD Reinforced Grip End
WORKS! (user tested)

and
ICS .20 BB's work with SR-7 Flawlessly  

Edited by musicianairsofter, 16 July 2012 - 02:30 PM.

#446 thefoshizle2

thefoshizle2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

does anyone know any aftermarket gearbox shells that would fit into a kwa body? why does kwa sell a hurricane gearbox shell? does that shell work in kwas then? thanks

#447 JimAckley

JimAckley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, airsoft, racing

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

Has anyone had much luck with any "box" mags aside from the A&K?  I'm hoping for one that fits well w/o feeding problems.

#448 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:48 AM

View Postthefoshizle2, on 16 July 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

does anyone know any aftermarket gearbox shells that would fit into a kwa body? why does kwa sell a hurricane gearbox shell? does that shell work in kwas then? thanks
Almost all TM compatible GB shells will fit into KWA receivers.  And the hurricane GB will fit into a KWA receiver.

#449 hbomb1804

hbomb1804

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

what about bravo flash mags in the sr10

#450 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

View Posthbomb1804, on 28 July 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

what about bravo flash mags in the sr10
I hear they work well but it fit a bit tight when new.

#451 thefoshizle2

thefoshizle2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

REALLY? i heard otherwise with people and their gearbox shells saying it won't fit right

#452 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

View Postthefoshizle2, on 30 July 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

REALLY? i heard otherwise with people and their gearbox shells saying it won't fit right

What won't fit right?

#453 JimAckley

JimAckley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, airsoft, racing

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

The flash mag.  I tried one last weekend.  Another player on my team had one, so in between matches I made it a point to ask him if I could test-fit it.  It went in OK but was TIGHT to pull out.  :-\

#454 hbomb1804

hbomb1804

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

ya thats the same problem that i have.

#455 NeKro

NeKro

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:28 AM

Quick qestion regarding to some external parts. Would adding these require any modification to the KM4?

MagPul PTS MOE Stock
http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=4808

MagPul PTS MIAD Grip for M4 / M16 V.2
http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=3532

#456 manglepop

manglepop

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

is Elite Force 140rd Mag m4/m16 compatible with the CQR?

Edited by manglepop, 24 August 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#457 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

View PostNeKro, on 21 August 2012 - 05:28 AM, said:

Quick qestion regarding to some external parts. Would adding these require any modification to the KM4?

MagPul PTS MOE Stock
http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=4808

MagPul PTS MIAD Grip for M4 / M16 V.2
http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=3532

The Stock will go on no problem as long as its a milspec version.  now the miad grip may need some modifications to fit, I believe there is another thread for that here somewhere.

#458 Shabby

Shabby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

Hey all, I ended up breaking quite a number of things on my KWA SR10 this past weekend, I need a new upper receiver and I'm curious as to what is compatible with the KWA's lower receiver and gearbox. I didn't see a replacement upper on KWA's Proshop. Thanks!

#459 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

View PostShabby, on 27 August 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

Hey all, I ended up breaking quite a number of things on my KWA SR10 this past weekend, I need a new upper receiver and I'm curious as to what is compatible with the KWA's lower receiver and gearbox. I didn't see a replacement upper on KWA's Proshop. Thanks!
Hey Shabby

I recommend calling KWA proshop for receiver availability.  It's usually available in limited quantity and is not listed on the proshop online store.

#460 manglepop

manglepop

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

Does Elite Force or MAG midcap magazine fit in CQR series?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users