#1 Tequila

Tequila

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:44 AM

Hi,
I'm seriously considering the purchase of a M9 PTP but i am worried about
the chances of a major gun failure regarding the breaking of the wings aligning the
outer and inner barrel with the nozzle.

pictures:
http://www.colinsun..../04/Broken2.jpg

I have heard of multiple people experiencing this problem and am worried that if I buy one of these
that i'll have to deal with this problem as well.

I live in Canada, so it's not as easy to get replacement parts, and prices are much higher than here
so you may understand the higher risk for me.
Has this problem been addressed? My retailer has said that the guns he sells are the newest available, but i'm unsure as to the status of the problems.

Any information, especially from the KWA staff, is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:09 PM

A small percentage of the original barrel locks (wings) had material defects which contributed to the failure much publicized. We've since improved the design to address the concerns. Should that particular part fail on your gun, it will not cause any other harm to the rest of the gun.  Replacement parts is readily available through warranty service or the proshop and can be replaced with simple hand tools.

#3 Tequila

Tequila

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:31 PM

View PostRadix, on Jul 31 2008, 04:09 PM, said:

A small percentage of the original barrel locks (wings) had material defects which contributed to the failure much publicized. We've since improved the design to address the concerns. Should that particular part fail on your gun, it will not cause any other harm to the rest of the gun.  Replacement parts is readily available through warranty service or the proshop and can be replaced with simple hand tools.

alright...perfect
just the answer i was lookin' for.
thanks!

#4 Pane

Pane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:53 PM

This is a question for Radix........ I  have the M9 PTP and have already replaced the locking block once after 500 rounds and now it has broke again after 200 rounds. Here is the problem, the top portion of the locking block is jamming the slide so it can not move more than a 1/4" backwards or fowards for disassembly. I've tried everything I can think of to get the locking block out of the way and get the slide off. I hate to spend the money to send it back for a simple repair because the warranty is up, and I not sure how anyone can get this slide off. Any help or advise would be great.

Thanks,

#5 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:00 AM

View PostPane, on Aug 10 2008, 06:53 PM, said:

This is a question for Radix........ I  have the M9 PTP and have already replaced the locking block once after 500 rounds and now it has broke again after 200 rounds. Here is the problem, the top portion of the locking block is jamming the slide so it can not move more than a 1/4" backwards or fowards for disassembly. I've tried everything I can think of to get the locking block out of the way and get the slide off. I hate to spend the money to send it back for a simple repair because the warranty is up, and I not sure how anyone can get this slide off. Any help or advise would be great.

Thanks,

Sorry to hear that.  We usually disassemble the gun as much as we can and try using steel picks to dislodge the broken parts.  Sometimes a slight tap from a rubber mallet will dislodge the slide/part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users