• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Newbienice

Newbienice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:49 PM

So I've been thoroughly thinking about getting two M11a1 NS2 guns, and I just wanted to ask a coupe questions.

On the webpage about it it says it's 2.8 pounds. Is that including the magazine?
Where's the safety, and by any chance, is it easily accessible with one hand?
And if there's any other details you think might help, please feel free.

Also, before anyone says so: I know I'm silly for wanting to do this, but I've always wanted to dual wield a gun with a high ROF.

#2 Guest_Shogo_*

Guest_Shogo_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:49 PM

If you like Hollywood loadout then go right ahead.  :lol:

#3 Newbienice

Newbienice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

View PostShogo, on 01 October 2009 - 01:49 PM, said:

If you like Hollywood loadout then go right ahead.  :lol:

If I wanted that, I'd also need the 3 foot long muzzle flash! :D

#4 papasmurf6768

papasmurf6768

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:49 PM

View PostNewbienice, on 30 September 2009 - 02:49 PM, said:

So I've been thoroughly thinking about getting two M11a1 NS2 guns, and I just wanted to ask a coupe questions.

On the webpage about it it says it's 2.8 pounds. Is that including the magazine?
Where's the safety, and by any chance, is it easily accessible with one hand?
And if there's any other details you think might help, please feel free.

Also, before anyone says so: I know I'm silly for wanting to do this, but I've always wanted to dual wield a gun with a high ROF.
Ok well I bought this gun a few months ago along w/ 2 extra mags and have not had any problems.  I'll answer a few questions:
1.  The gun is HEAVY. It is 90% metal (the only non metal part is the outer shell, but its durable plastic and there is a metal shell underneath it.)  Holding mine w/ both hands, I have no problem at all, but if I go gangsta style and hold it in front of me with 1 hand, my arm gets tired fast.  I guess you could have 2 of em, and only raise em when u need 2, but your gonna get tired.
2.  The safety is right by the trigger, and is easily used w/ ur trigger finger.  just 2 point it out though, the gun is made for right handed people, so im not really sure 2 of em would be a good idea.
3.  THIS GUN IS BAD A$$!  I LOVE IT A LOT, AND I RECOMMEND GETTING IT!  (if you want 2, then go ahead... it would be hard though.)  

Hope I helped,

Papasmurf6768

#5 Reason3d.net

Reason3d.net

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

i have to disagree with papasmurf a bit, i think the gun is medium weight considering the construction, it is almost all metal and the upper and lower receiver are reportedly polymer not plastic, but the weight is about the same unless you install Steel conversion kit.

also akimbo (dual wielding) m11a1's depends on your age/ + build, if your a skinny teenager expect to have some trouble carrying them both in your hands held upright for more than 10-20 minutes... and if you are built it wont really matter much at first at all.

about the "right handed" thing, ive seen a kid with akimbo M9's and they are certainly not ambidextrous, and he popped off both mags (one in each gun) and snapped the slides back like a pro, so i dont think it would take very long to get used to the safety's unless you have an ailment which prevents "normal" movement.Plus there are 2 safety's, one is to turn the bolt knob 90* (degrees) either way , this will prevent any cycling or bolt action from happening.

then there is the switch safety on the right side just in front of the trigger... either way a little practice and you will be efficient with both hands using 2 mac's.

Edited by Reason3d.net, 21 October 2009 - 11:43 PM.

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:10 AM

actually, you can reverse the magazine catch on a M9 for left handed users.  The slide catch is also long enough to activate with the index finger.  The design had the sinestre in mind.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users