#1 Airsoftguy

Airsoftguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:FPS limit? What's that?

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

I've been working with airsoft guns for over 5 years now, electric and AEG but this one really stumped me. I have no idea how this happened.

If someone can please explain to me how the heck did this happen and how can I get the valve button to sit flush with the rest of the valve itself that would be greatly appreciated!

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Posted Image

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,713 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostAirsoftguy, on 02 August 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

I've been working with airsoft guns for over 5 years now, electric and AEG but this one really stumped me. I have no idea how this happened.

If someone can please explain to me how the heck did this happen and how can I get the valve button to sit flush with the rest of the valve itself that would be greatly appreciated!

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Posted Image
I do not remember seeing this before and while you could attempt to force it back together, I'm thinking it's time for a new valve...What model gun mag is it out of?

#3 Airsoftguy

Airsoftguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

I tried forcing it back in but no luck. I might just get a new one. Still I've never seen this happen before. This was off a KWA m93r older version with a metal nozzle tip and imitation wood grips. I think it's before the NS2 models.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,713 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostAirsoftguy, on 03 August 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

I tried forcing it back in but no luck. I might just get a new one. Still I've never seen this happen before. This was off a KWA m93r older version with a metal nozzle tip and imitation wood grips. I think it's before the NS2 models.
That would explain why I'm not familiar with it.  The force of GG or propane inside a mag can be considerable and might explain why it popped out, especially given it's age.

#5 Airsoftguy

Airsoftguy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

Yeah well that's what I get for trying to restore older GBBs lol. You have a good point there I was just very surprised to see that actually happen lol. I'll just hunt down some similar valves for it and pray that they work or even fit.

Here are some quick pics of the gun. That metal nozzle tip really is interesting I've never seen anything like it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,713 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostAirsoftguy, on 03 August 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

Yeah well that's what I get for trying to restore older GBBs lol. You have a good point there I was just very surprised to see that actually happen lol. I'll just hunt down some similar valves for it and pray that they work or even fit.

Here are some quick pics of the gun. That metal nozzle tip really is interesting I've never seen anything like it.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Classic pre-NS2 with that metal nozzle.

#7 Kerberos

Kerberos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Acting, Aviation, Designing, Watches, Swords, Samurai, Armors, Military gear, and shooting guns at the ranges.

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:21 AM

gcw360, this might be the same case with the KRISS valve I have too. It seems the way these nozzle heads are attached are only by friction and thus each time a hammer strikes the valve it will gradually loosen up for the head to fall out like that. Perhaps weather has to do with the expansion of the metal part. Right now it is September but August~September are quite hot in some areas. That can also explain it too. Although that is in "theory" that the temperature increased expanded that small piece so its loose on the valve shaft. That combined with the gas shooting the valve outwards due to pressure it also makes the valve loosen up faster.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,713 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostKerberos, on 13 September 2013 - 03:21 AM, said:

gcw360, this might be the same case with the KRISS valve I have too. It seems the way these nozzle heads are attached are only by friction and thus each time a hammer strikes the valve it will gradually loosen up for the head to fall out like that. Perhaps weather has to do with the expansion of the metal part. Right now it is September but August~September are quite hot in some areas. That can also explain it too. Although that is in "theory" that the temperature increased expanded that small piece so its loose on the valve shaft. That combined with the gas shooting the valve outwards due to pressure it also makes the valve loosen up faster.
I get where you are coming from, but in 5 years I've seen like 4 failures of these valve in this way .  If that is changing then it would need to be addressed and would be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users