#1 Lt. Tony

Lt. Tony

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:04 PM

Dear KWA,

I am a faithful KWA fan, and have/had several of your AEG's and GBB's and will continue to to purchase such in the future. One feature I appreciate about you corporation is that you listen the the input of you customers. I own a M9 PTP (the newer version with the fixed locking block). I use my pistol extensively, and appreciate the power, recoil, and range of the M9. However, I see an weak area in the pistol, and possibly the engineers at KWA can look further into the issue. Part #313 (jet nozzle) on M9 has broken yet again in my pistol. I'm unsure of what causes this part to break possibly prolonged use, or propane, I'm not really sure but this is the second time it broke on my M9, and I have had this problem on my KWA M19 also. On my M9 I have replaced this part with a spare jet nozzle I had lying around from my M19. However in an attempt to stop this from happening again I have decided to order a metal jet nozzle. It would appear that they are similar in construction (the OEM jet nozzle, and the firefly nozzle). When it arrives I will replace the OEM plastic one with this one, before I do I will chrono the plastic one, and perform a distance/accuracy test. After I replace the nozzle, I will again chrono it, and perform a distance/accuracy test. I will keep you posted as to my result. My suggestion is that KWA possibly look into making a metal jet nozzle to replace the plastic one. I will keep you updated as to the status of my test, and hopefully my idea will be taken into consideration.

Thank you for listening, and have a good evening

**Lt. Tony**

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:26 PM

I'll keep a record on this.... if the nozzle is broken can you please take a picture where it broke.

A word on propane use.  I understand it's more affordable with green gas.  However, we haven't had any reports on nozzle exploded when it's strictly use with green gas.  About the only thing that can break is the front little piece that push the bbs in the chamber.  however, that can be related to the type of bb's that's using.

Propane on the other hand, I have notice some will leave residue in the internal that caked up.  Also doesn't matter how you lube it and it never seems to be enough.  This is why we don't warranty a GBB if it's using Propane gas.

#3 RayL

RayL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:02 PM

View Postallizard, on May 27 2009, 05:26 PM, said:

About the only thing that can break is the front little piece that push the bbs in the chamber.  however, that can be related to the type of bb's that's using.

Allizard, what do you mean by the type of bb's? Is there a specific brand or weight of bb's we should only use with the pistol? If there is, please tell us. I would like to prevent any future damage to my pistol.

#4 Ripkord

Ripkord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:27 AM

I haven't had any major problems with my M9PTP as of yet (Knock on wood) and I've put close to 5k rnds. through it. I have had the very small set screw, that is set in the frame and is imperative to the operation of the safety, come loose. When I figured out the problem I just used some blue loctite and it hasn't come loose yet.

I also loctited the screw that goes through the right side safety lever, as that one would also come loose quite frequently. No problems there either.

The pin that goes through the moving part on the outer barrel, which is held in position by a small spring, has also worked its way out on me. I just tapped it back into position so that it was tight again and I haven't seen it working its way out yet. This little pin can be a problem if not watched, as it is a pita to try to get the little spring to sit properly when re-assembling. I now check it after every shooting session, but haven't had it come loose yet, after about 300 rounds.

I'm definitely interested in what ammo would cause problems with my PTP. At the present I'm using KSC .3's, which seem to be pretty accurate. I'm also running madbull .4's out of it, which don't have a lot of range but seem to fly very straight at shorter distances, plus they were free, and I figured I might as well shoot them up as nothing else I own likes them.

I'm really interested in the replacement nozzle idea, and I'll be looking forward to see if it works for you Tony.

I really can't wait for the new products to start shipping, as the MP7 and the USP 45 match have my name all over them! LOL!

Go KWA!!!

Edited by Ripkord, 28 May 2009 - 03:35 AM.

#5 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:20 AM

View PostRayL, on May 27 2009, 08:02 PM, said:

Allizard, what do you mean by the type of bb's? Is there a specific brand or weight of bb's we should only use with the pistol? If there is, please tell us. I would like to prevent any future damage to my pistol.

KSC .25g Perfect BBs seems like a safe bet.   :rolleyes:

The main thing is you want to use BB's that's perfectly rounded.  When it's oblong or over sized the bb will get lodged on the ram, slide will get stuck in the middle, user manually force the slide forward. That's when tab under the nozzle broke off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users